Friday, November 15, 2013

LINKEDIN connections

Linked in!

I have connected on Linkedin and it seems like a good think for professionals. It seems more formal than the Facebook or Google sites and thus maybe more geared to that audience. Maybe it will help me find work someday, but time will tell. I have connections with friends in rather high places, but I don't know if I can call on them to get me connected. Just not sure if I want to mix business with old friends. My other concerns are that, all of my personal data is up there on the web and this is just more of the same, but with information that is NOT, most definitely not intended for a broad audience. I don't want people knowing my work history any more than I want them seeing me get the morning newspaper off my front lawn in my bathrobe! I mean, it concerns me that at some point that there will be a breach and of course there will be and then my whole life will be public knowledge! Just think about that for a moment...that job that you had and lost, for what ever reason is now public. I don't mean to say that I'm a spy and that the security of the nation is at risk, but maybe we don't quite know the consequences of the whole thing just yet! I know, I know...we're all in this together and it will affect us all equally at some point, but I just don't want it to be ME first!

No comments:

Post a Comment